Data Protection Statement in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
1. Names and contact details of the Controller:
This information relating to data protection applies to data processing by:
esn engineering services network gmbh Schellerdamm 19-21
Tel.: +49 (0)40 4929 3870
Fax: +49 (0)40 4929 38777
The Data Protection Officer of esn engineering services network gmbh can be contacted at the aforementioned address, for the attention of Mr Veit Bockemühl or Mr William Thomas Hynes, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website https://www.esn-gmbh.com, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. These data are temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following data will be collected without any action on your part and stored until they are automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access request originated (referrer URL),
- the browser used and possibly the operating system of your computer and
- the name of your access provider.
We process the data specified for the following purposes:
- to ensure your smooth connection to the website
- to ensure the easy use of our website
- to evaluate system security and stability as well as for
- other administrative purposes
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no event do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
b) When registering for a newsletter
If you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 a) GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. In order to receive the newsletter, the future subscriber need only give us an e-mail address.
The recipient of the newsletter can unsubscribe at any time, e.g. by using a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also e-mail your unsubscribe request to email@example.com at any time.
c) When using our contact form
If you have questions of any kind, you can use the form we provide on our website to contact us. In order to do so, you have to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who the request came from and so that we can answer it. Further information can be provided on a voluntary basis.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is done in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data we collect so that you can use the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been dealt with.
3. Transfer of data
Any transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We only pass on your personal information to third parties if:
- You have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 a) GDPR,
- disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 c) GDPR is a legal obligation, as well as if
- it is legally permissible and is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 b) GDPR.
Cookies store information that is created with regard to the specific terminal used. However, this does not mean that we have direct knowledge of your identity.
Furthermore, in order to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again in order to use our services, it will automatically recognise that you have already visited our site and what inputs and settings you selected, so you do not have to input them again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR.
Most Internet browsers are set up in such a way that they accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all features of our website.
5. Analytics tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures that we use and which are listed below are deployed on the basis on Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure the needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our website. Conversely, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our website for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
In order to design and continuously optimise our website as required, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://about.google/intl/en/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as "Google"). In this context, pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of the website such as
- browser type/version, operating system used,
- referrer URL (the page previously visited),
- the host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- the time of the server request is,
as a rule, transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide other services relating to website activity and Internet usage and services related to Internet use for the purpose of market research and the needs-based design of these web pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. In no event will your IP address be associated with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that they cannot be assigned to a specific person (IP masking).
You may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent data being collected by Google Analytics by clicking on "Deactivate Google Analytics". An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid on this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies on this browser, you have to set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, go to the Google Analytics Help Centre (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
ii) Google Adwords conversion tracking
In order to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our website, we also use Google conversion tracking. In doing so, Google Adwords will set a cookie (see section 4) on your computer if you have reached our website via an ad placed by Google.
These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer's website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer will be able to see that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page.
Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be traced through the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers can see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
6. Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps to display interactive maps and generate directions. Google Maps is a map service operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. By using Google Maps, information about the use of this website (including your IP address and the (starting) address entered as part of the route planner function) may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. When you visit a web page on our website that contains Google Maps, your browser establishes a direct connection to Google's servers. The content of the map will be transmitted by Google direct to your browser and incorporated into the website by it. We therefore have no control over the extent of the data collected by Google this way. According to our knowledge, the following data, at the very least, are collected:
- date and time of the visit to the website concerned,
- the Internet address or URL of the website visited,
- the IP address, based on the (starting) address entered during route planning.
We have no influence on the further processing and use of the data by Google and can therefore not accept any responsibility for this.
By using our website, you consent to the processing of data collected about you by Google Maps route planner in the manner of data processing and for the purposes set out above.
7. Google reCAPTCHA
We use "Google reCAPTCHA" (hereafter referred to as "reCAPTCHA") on our websites. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
By using reCAPTCHA, we want to verify if the data being entered on our websites (e.g. in a contact form) is being entered by a human or by an automated program. To this end, reCAPTCHA analyses the behaviour of the website visitors, using various characteristics. This analysis begins automatically, as soon as the website visitor enters the website. For the analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates a range of information (e.g. IP address, dwell time of the website visitor on the website, or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis are forwarded to Google.
ReCAPTCHA analyses run completely in the background. Visitors to the website are not informed that an analysis is taking place.
Data processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. The website provider has a legitimate interest in protecting its web content from fraudulent automated spying and SPAM.
8. Google web fonts
This website uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform representation of fonts. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. This informs Google that our website was accessed via your IP address. Google web fonts are used to ensure a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This constitutes a legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, one of your computer's standard fonts will be used by your computer.
9. Social media plug-ins
We do not use social plug-ins from the social networks of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on our website (basis of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR).
10. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can demand information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data, insofar as they have not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the rectification of incorrect or the completion of incomplete personal data stored by us immediately;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for complying with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, and we no longer need the data, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit these data to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time. This will result in us not being allowed to continue the data processing that was based on this consent in the future and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or of our head office.
11. Right of objection
Insofar as processing your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we implement without your having to specify any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Data security
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the website visit in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether or not an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also make use of appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continually being improved in keeping with technological developments.